Sunday, May 6, 2012

Glass Etching Tutorial

Hey! I wanted to share with you all my newest crafty venture into GLASS ETCHING using my Cricut! It was SO super easy! The hardest part is making sure you don't mess up the vinyl when you are transfering it onto the glass, lol! I bought some vinyl from the hobby store and placed it on my Cricut mat, I used Storybook cartridge and cut out 2 inch "H's" for each plate and glass, then their last name in 1.5 inch letters for the pyrex dish. Put transfer paper on the back after its cut and remove from the mat. I cut them in squares, and placed the negative part of the cut onto the glass, meaning I removed the actual H and just used the background as my stencil. BTW, the craft stores have stensils for this so you dont need a Cricut machine to do this! Then using a cheap paintbrush I applied a large amount of Armour Etch to the design making sure to cover all the open areas you want etced. I let them set about 10 minutes, then simply washed off the excess cream in the sink with soap & water and removed the vinyl and VOILA! The glass is permanently etched! I monogrammed a few bath towels & monogrammed a tote to put all my goodies in as well! It was for my "soon to be" cousin in- law :) You can glass etc mirrors, glass on photo frames, ect, the possibilities are ENDLESS! And what an awesome custom made gift!
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment